Friday 26 February 2010

Pecan Puffs!


Pecan puffs

These biscuits are very easy to make and they will store well in a container for up to 10 days.

110g Pecans
110g Unsalted butter, soft
2 tbsp Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
150g Plain flour
Icing sugar, to coat

Blitz pecan in a food procesor or mini chopper. If you don't have one, break it in a bag with a rolling pin til its quite sandy but with abit of lumps.

Beat butter and sugar til fluffy, add vanilla essence, ground pecan and flour. Chill in fridge for 20 minutes.

Roll biscuit dough into 15 grams each and if you have time, put it back into fridge and chill for another 20-30 minutes. It will help retain the shape.

Bake at 150c for 29 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and coat it with icing sugar.

4 comments:

Madame Mizzuni said...

Those cookies looks lovely. I will be rushing home to bake this later! Wish me luck! Please share more baking recipes with us. Thank you. ^^

Alison said...

Thank you, hope you enjoy the cookies! It's one of my favourites!

ᙕADAME ᙕIZZUNI said...

Yes! I've tried it~ My family and colleagues love them. It was all praises. (^.^) The sweetness is just right. I took some pictures of the cookies, unfortunately... my CF card was corrupted! (>.<)

I'm thinking of trying out your banana recipe tomorrow. Thanks for sharing~

Alison said...

I'm very glad it was popular :)