Friday 25 March 2011

Thin Chocolate Tart



I like chocolate tarts but they are usually too rich for my taste. I found this recipe on 




I usually use the food processor for doughs. You may want to invest in one if you don't have one. No more buttery hands!


Try not to overwork dough, this is a crumbly dough, just squeeze everything together.


I like rolling tart doughs on parchment or cling film, it's less messy this way.



There is no need to cut the dough, it was my mistake. You won't be able to see it when the chocolate is on the top anyway. ( What was i thinking ?? )





I used the remaining pastry dough to make forks and spoons.



Recipe ( Adapted from 365 good reasons to sit down and eat )
.
.
.

Pastry 
200g plain flour, 50g ground almond
100g caster sugar
pinch of salt
120g butter cubed.
1 egg yolk

Preheat oven at 180c 

To make the pastry, combine all the dry ingredients, rub cold butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add the egg yolk and form a dough, add a little water if it seems too dry. 
Pastry will be quite crumbly. 

Flatten dough and fridge it for 30 minutes. 

Remove from fridge and roll it out to a large circle and bake it for 12 mins at 180c

Chocolate Topping

1 orange
50g butter 
150g whipping cream 
140g dark chocolate

Zest & juice the orange,
Melt all the ingredients over a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Mix well and fridge it for about 15 minutes.

Coat the tart and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.

* I only needed half of what the recipe stated.







7 comments:

Martaaa @ An Interesting Distraction said...

mmmm... looks yummy! i will definitely try the recipe out one day:)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh yum! My dad and I are the only chocoholics in the house, so I've always avoided making chocolate tart for fear of wastage, but this looks like it could appease even the non-chocolate people! Definitely bookmarked :)

style fare said...

This looks fantastic - I love that it combines chocolate + orange - as a matter of fact, I am preparing a chocolate/orange braided loaf right now - thanks for sharing! :)

PS: The shortbread utensils are adorable

Aer Conditionat said...

Looks interesting and i`m sure it tastes delicious. It is a great recipe and for that i will try to do it in this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

forks & spoons are soooo cute!!!LOVE LOVE LOVE!!Can I ask where did you get the mold?thanks!!

Alison said...

Mao, it's from japan. I've also seen it in Mamie Gateaux shop in Paris.

lynnette said...

AHHHH so cute so cute so cute!! :) So the forks and spoons were actually made from a mold??? SIGH where else do they sell it apart from Paris and Japan, both of which are way too far to fly to to get...